Common issue that can occur when installing a WordPress themes is “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.” error message being displayed when uploading and activating the theme.
One of the reasons you may receive this error is if you have uploaded the incorrect file. You have 2 options for downloading your theme.
- All files and documentation (full zip folder). You will need to extract and locate the installable WordPress file e.g. xtra.zip
- Installable WordPress file only, its name should be like xtra.zip
Please make sure you are uploading Only the Installable theme which is called NameOf Theme.zip. If you upload ALL these files you will receive an error.
More Help & Support
- Confirm You Purchased a WordPress Theme
- Check you are using WordPress.org CMS and not WordPress.com
- If you have still problem, Contact the theme author